Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

A letter to the stupid lady standing in line at Tim Hortons

Dear Lady,

Are you the snowsuit police? Yeah. Didn't think so. Then why, while watching me come into the coffee shop, did you feel you had the right to look at my daughter and say, loudly, "Oh, the poor thing. Look. She's freeeeeezing."

First of all, it was 6 degrees out today and she was wearing a fleece suit with a hood. She was plenty warm, but that's beside the point. The real point is that you should mind your own damn business.

And, really, if you were SO concerned about the welfare of my daughter, you could have taken two steps to your right and helped us in from the "freeeeeezing cold" by holding open the damn door, rather than just watching with your ugly, judgy eyes, while I struggled to get the stroller in by myself.

I hope you enjoyed your coffee.

Sincerely,
Kate

Comments:
Holy cow!!! Ok, we've both heard about these kinds of things happening... but, jeez... that is ABSURD!! I wish I'd've been there. First of all, I'd've held the door for you. Then I would have laughed aloud at that woman and said something silly like, 'Oh, thank you, we've heard of people like you, but it hadn't really happened yet, you've really fleshed out the baby-having experience! I was beginning to think that people as blantantly rude as you were a myth!' and that would have totally embarassed her. In fact, in further tellings of this story, I think you should add that part, and then that she scurried out of Timmy's in shame.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?