Friday, November 24, 2006

 

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

Mae likes things now. Squeaky toys. Teddies. Receiving blankets. She grabs them in her teeny tiny hands and does not let go. Just now she carried her own sweater down the stairs for me (I carried her, of course) and, this morning, she almost had to have a bath while holding the sheep towel because I couldn't pry her hand loose from it.

If I had to guess, I'd say her favourite things are (in this order):

#1 - Her soose. Winnie the Pooh soose, which is the original first soose, or butterfly soose, which is also a very good soose.

#2 - The yellow squeak duck.

#3 - Her Manhattan Whoosit. What's a Whoosit? It's a very ugly stuffed toy. On one side it has a black and white target, and on the other side, it's got a scary face with a big red nose. And then it's got all kinds of black and white arms. Like, ten arms. And each arm has a squeaky or rattly end to it. And you can shove all the arms inside it, and pull them out again. I only know it's called a Manhattan Whoosit because one of my friends came over and said "Oh, you've got a Manhattan Whoosit." Apparently, Miranda, on Sex and the City, got one when she had her baby. So there... see how hip Mae is? ALL of the babies have them. I've even seen mini stroller-sized Whoosits, for infants on the go.

#4 - Her set of plastic keys. Her Uncle Jim has a theory that these are manufactured by evil car companies looking to sell gas-guzzling SUVs to the next generation.

#5 - The red Fisher Price apple. It has a smiley face on it and makes a gentle, tinkling noise when you tip it sideways. It sounds exactly like fairies.

Comments:
I love the word 'souse'. It's so funny-sounding.
 
It's a Canadian thing - comes from the French "sucer" which means to suck - and isn't that waht babies do with them? Nice to know I'm not the only one who uses the term.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?