Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

Breaking News (from 2 days ago): Mae Rolled Over!!

We had a huge day on Monday. I meant to write about it sooner but, I don't know, I guess I was just overcome by all the excitement.

First of all, Mae rolled over!! I put her on her tummy in the crib to play while I ran to pee, and she was mid-roll just as I got back. Of course, we had a huge celebration about it. And then I flipped her back on her tummy and she did it a second time, so we had to celebrate all over. All of that jubilation took a lot out of us, so by the time her dad got home, she was either too worn out to do it again, or else she'd just forgotten how. She hasn't done it since, either, but I can tell that she's working up to it.

And that wasn't the only important developmental milestone that day. She also learned how to torment the cat!! She has this toy that's a clear box with all these pully bits, and we hung it from her baby arch thing. She loves it. She grabs at it, and stares and stares and stares at it. And then, Monday morning, the light was coming in the window in such a way that it hit the clear box and made a reflection on the ceiling. So Mae was carefully tipping the box from side to side, and the cat was going nuts trying to catch the reflection and was meowing at the ceiling while jumping from the table top to the buffet and back again. Meanwhile, Mae was doing her high pitched happy-baby scream-thing. And I just sat, sipping my coffee, watching the pandamonium unfold.

All in all, a very thrilling day.

Comments:
awesome!!
do the cats now lie in wait for the magic light on the wall?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?