Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

It's Cold. It's Cold. It's Cold.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. Today's high is -11. How sick is that? Let me tell you how sick: Very sick.

It's windy, and horrid, and cruel. It's the kind of cold that makes your eyeballs hurt, and your fingertips go numb... and if I'm feeling it that much, I can't imagine what it's like for Mae, being about 20 times smaller than I am.

So we can't go anywhere. Or, we can, but when we do I feel guilty because, in actual fact, we've got nowhere we really need to go, and we don't have a car, and I feel like an awful mother when I take Mae out in the stroller and her nose and cheeks turn bright red. So we're mostly staying home and watching way more TV than usual and dreaming about all the cool stuff we'll be able to do once it's summer.

I take Mae to the back window on our way to diaper changes and tell her how the grass will turn green, and that we'll play in the yard with the cats, and we'll get her a baby swing attachment for the big swing set, and our neighbour will lend us a wading pool, which is a lot like a bath, only for outside.

She looks at me doubtfully with her great-big grey eyes, and I don't exactly blame her. Right now, I'm having a hard time believing it'll ever happen, too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?