Sunday, May 27, 2007

 

Mae on the Move

We went to Sudbury for the weekend to see my family and, once again, I feel like I've come back with a different baby (we really need to stop going there, I think). When we left home, Mae was kind of puddling around with the whole crawling thing: rocking on her hands and knees and inching forward and backwards safely and at a leisurely pace. But now that we're home, she's speed-crawling with reckless abandon. Blink twice and she's halfway across the living room fiddling with the door of the cabinet where I keep my grandmother's antique china, or in hot pursuit of an unfortunate kitty.

Her crawl is not text-book perfect (if there is such a thing). It's not a diaper commercial baby kind of crawl. It's a bit wonky and special. She sort of walks with one leg while dragging the other and pulling herself along with her arms. Something about it reminds me of a three-legged dog. I doubt she'll really have much time to perfect it though anyway. She's pulling herself up to standing constantly. You can tell that she already thinks this crawling stuff is for babies and that she's got her eye on the next prize.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?