Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

To market, to market, to give mom a break...

My neighbour took Mae to the market to give me a break. So nice. I haven't gone out alone since the last time she babysat and I went to the dentist on July 17, if you can even count that as a break. I mean, obviously, there are breaks when my husband is home on the weekends, but it's not quite the same. Those are only breaks until I hear her crying or talking and go to see what's up, or until my husband can't find the bottles or a soother or something else and calls up the stairs. To be a real break and to officially count, Mae and I have to be physically separated by at least two-blocks because, if we're not, I can't stop myself from listening to see what she's up to, and popping my head downstairs to check in.

The weirdest part of it is that - for the most part - I don't mind the constant togetherness. In the eleven months since she's been born, the longest I've ever gone out is probably five hours. And when I do go out without her - like I did an hour ago, to get groceries - I find myself looking at all the moms with babies and feeling weirdly jealous and lonely.

I feel like a loser admitting this, but I'm actually, at this very minute, watching the clock because they were supposed to be back at 1:00ish and it's already 12:54. Oh. there they are now. Yay!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?