Friday, March 09, 2007

 

Nosy Old Lady #3

My neighbourhood is full of nosy old ladies. I've had it. For the THIRD time today, I had one stop me on the street to berate me about what a bad mother I am. This afternoon's lady was the worst one yet.

It was a gorgeous day, relatively speaking (zero degrees), so I skipped the cuddle bag, put Mae in her snowsuit, threw on her white hat that always falls over her eyes and off we went.

Then halfway to the coffee shop, this lady started yelling at me. Full on, actual yelling. "NO BLANKET. BABY IS COLD!!" And so I yelled back at her, "Mind your own damned business, stupid lady who I hate."

Okay. No. I didn't. What I actually did was cross to the other side of the street and, from there, tried to murder her with laser beams that I shot out of my eyes. It didn't work.

I'd love to think that this problem will go away once the warmer weather hits, but I know better. The nosy old ladies will only switch from nagging me about blankets and snowsuits to lecturing me about sun hats. So I guess I just need to deal with it head on. Next time one of the old ladies rears her ugly, judgy head, I swear I will actually tell her to get lost. Or, at least, I will tell her that I don't appreciate the unsolicited advice... or, at the very least, I will shake my head silently in disapproval of her annoyingness and hope that she notices.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?